- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 head of cabbage, chopped fine
- 2 pkgs. Ramen-type dry soup (Oriental Flavor) broken up into small bite size pieces (put seasoning packets aside)
- 2 pkgs. Blanched slivered almonds (3/4 oz. packet)
- 1 pkg. Sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a cookie sheet, toast each of the last 3 ingredients separately in oven until light brown. Watch them carefully so they do not get too dark. Cool.
- In a bowl, mix all toasted ingredients together adding the seasoning packets.
- Put aside until ready to use.
- Mix dressing ingredients well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Shake well before adding to salad.
- Toss all ingredients together just before serving.
NotesMy mom makes this for every family get together and it is always a big hit.
Most grocery stores carry packaged ready-to-use shredded cabbage.
Everything can be done a day ahead. Just be sure and keep the toasted ingredients in a Ziploc bag or airtight container.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
The Social CookbookSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More