- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Beat eggs until foamy; add sugar.
- Add flour sifted with baking powder and salt.
- Add vanilla, then fruit and nuts; beat thoroughly.
- Spread in a greased 8" square pan.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350º.
- Cut into bars while warm; roll in fruit or icing sugar.
NotesI've been making these off and on since high school and that was many many years ago.
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Honey-Lime Chicken SkewersSee More