- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups chicken chunks; stir fried, baked; roasted, or broiled
- Crispy fried wonton strips; See directions
- Fruits such as pineapple, raisins, mandarin orange slices, pear, etc.
- Crispy Wonton Strips (recipe follows)
- CRISPY WONTON STRIPS:
- People can't get enough of fried wontons. Canned crispy noodles are a barely acceptable artifice. Real fried wontons are 1/4 inch thick and 2 inches long, a fine fried mouthful. Put extras in a bowl on the table.
- 10 wonton skins.
- Vegetable oil
- Cut the stack of wontons skins into strips 1/4 inch wide. Pour 2 to 3 inches of vegetable oil into a wok or medium-sized pot. Turn the heat to medium-high and heat the oil until it's very hot (375 degrees on a candy thermometer). Have ready a cookie sheet lined with paper towels, for draining the strips.
- Add the wonton strips to the oil in batches. Leave room for them to bob around. The strips will curl. After a minute or less, they'll be golden. As they become done, take them out of the oil with a slotted spoon or tongs, and drain in batches on paper towels. You might have to turn down the heat to medium if the oil is frying the wontons too fast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More