- Cooking Time: 10-15
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 tsp. peanut oil
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. oriental sesame oil
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 pkg. fresh snow peas
- 1 carrot, julienned or coarse shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 4 cups cooked rice (I use Basmati)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. thick soy sauce* (available at oriental grocery stores)
- 1 Tbsp. cooking sherry
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 scallions, sliced for garnish
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Pour in the beaten egg and cook until set. Transfer to a plate to add later.
- Heat sesame oil in the wok.
- When hot add the cabbage and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots and onion.
- Continue to cook another 2 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add the snow peas and just heat for 1 minute.
- Stir in the rice, garlic, and soy sauces, sherry and cubed pork, if using.
- Cook stirring constantly for several minutes. Don't let it stick to the bottom of the pan. Stir in prepared egg.
- Season to taste with black pepper.
- Transfer your rice to a platter and sprinkle with the green onions.
- The thick soy sauce gives the rice a nice color, but don't use too much of it.
NotesI make this either as a vegetable fried rice or try using "queenietwo" (Marlene's) recipe for "Chinese Ribs"...cut out the loose skirt part from your slab of ribs, marinate per her instructions and prepare with the remainder of the rib, then cut it into cubes...My husband likes this more than take-out!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More