- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 6-oz cans straw mushrooms
- ½ cup of dried shiitake mushroom slices, re-hydrated in boiling water
- 4 small zucchini, about 1.5 lb
- Cut the chicken and zucchini into bite-sized pieces.
- Pour the vegetable and sesame oil into a skillet and heat over high until a sprinkle of water jumps in the oil.
- Put the chicken into the skillet and cook through, stirring constantly. Pour on the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and ground ginger. Stir to coat.
- Push the chicken to the sides and add the zucchini. Cook ¾ of the way, then add mushrooms and one tablespoon of the water used to re-hydrate the mushrooms and stir it all together. Reduce liquid until it is nearly gone. Serve over rice, noodles, or alone.
NotesThis is another Chinese take-out knock-off of mine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More