- Cooking Time: 8 to 10 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 flank steak (about 1 1/2 to 2 lbs.)
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sherry or white wine. Never use cooking sherry
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 4 Tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 medium size green pepper cut into about 1/2 in dice
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- fresh ginger, peeled and sliced (or gr. ginger) 1/4 tsp.
- cooked rice
- I cut the flank steak into thin slices with the grain. Pieces should be about 3 inches long.
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, and sugar in a ziplock baggie.
- Add meat turning to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer.
- Heat wok.
- Use about 1 T of the oil and swirl around bottom to coat.
- Add peppers and onion, stir for about 3 minutes. Do not over coak.
- Transfer to a plate or dish, set aside.
- Pour remaing oil into wok and heat.
- Add ginger and stir fry briefly.
- Discard the ginger.
- Add steak and marinade and stir fry till meat is browned and marinade is slightly reduced.
- Return the peppers and onions to wok and stir fry till reheated.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
- If you would like more sauce add about 1/2 cup of water or wine.
NotesWe love stir fry and this one is easy to make.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More