- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryToshi's mother would overnight us vegetables from their garden when we lived in Tokyo. We would share with our neighbors and they would do the same when their rural Japanese parents sent something. The best was when the neighbor got roses from her parent's green houses! She would give each of us a dozen.
- 3 (300 grams) Chingensai (Bok choy) chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 Atsuage Tofu (fried tofo block)
- 1/2 c. Dashi (fish flake broth)
- 1 T. salad oil
- 1 t. soy sauce
- 1 t. mirin
- Cook tofu in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Drain and slice. Heat oil in pan. Add chingensai, leaves on top. Saute. Add dashi, tofu, soy sauce and mirin. Cook on medium heat 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Job Creator Cowboy Beans
Chicken PosoleSee More