- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is only a starting point... You can use as many chipotles as you want, and even substitute more adobo for the ketchup... Sometimes I throw in the juice of a lime as well, just to mix things up a little
- 1/4 lb bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 chipotle Peppers in adobo, chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TB Olive oil; maybe a little less
- 2 TB Ancho Mexican chile powder
- 2 TB of the Adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup Heinz Ketchup - or combination of Ketchup and adobo or all adobo.
- 1/2 Cup Dos Equis X Ambar
- 1/4 Cup Dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp Mustard powder
- 3 Cup great northern beans, Cooked
- Preheat oven to 325
- In a oven proof stock pot saute bacon to render fat.
- Remove bacon when crisp and add olive oil.
- When Oil/Fat is hot saute the chipotles, onion, and garlic until soft.
- Add the chili powder, adobo sauce, ketchup, beer, brown sugar and mustard powder, stir to combine.
- Fold in the cooked beans and bacon.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours, add more beer or water if beans get too dry.