Chipotle Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
4 lbs cubed, peeled yukon gold potatoes
6 cloves garlic, peeled
1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 cup 2% low-fat milk or 1% low-fat milk
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon salt
1. Remove 1 chile and 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can.
2. (more if you wish, to taste) Chop chile to measure 1 tablespoon.
3. Reserve remaining chiles and adobo sauce for another use.
4. Place potato and garlic in a large dutch oven, cover with water and bring to boil.
5. Cook 15 minutes or until potato is tender, Drain.
6. Return potato mixture to the dutch oven.
7. Add chopped chile and adobo sauce, cheese, and remaining ingredients.
8. Mash to desired consistency with a potato masher.
9. Cook 3 minutes over medium heat or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.