- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ◾2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4-5 medium chicken breasts)
- ◾1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- ◾2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- ◾1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced (scrape out the seeds before mincing to reduce spiciness)
- ◾2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- ◾1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- ◾1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- ◾1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- ◾1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ◾12 bamboo or metal skewers
- Creamy Dipping Sauce:
- ◾3/4 cup sour cream
- ◾1/4 cup mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- ◾1/4 cup lime juice, from 2-3 limes
- ◾1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- ◾2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, minced
- ◾2 green onions, finely chopped
- ◾1/2 teaspoon salt
- ◾1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1.Slice the chicken breasts into long, thin strips, about 1/2-inch thick. You should have right around 30 strips. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cilantro, chipotle chile, adobo sauce, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, and pepper. Toss the chicken with the brown sugar mixture coating all the pieces evenly. Cover the chicken (or place in a ziploc bag) and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- 2.For the dipping sauce, in a bowl, stir all the ingredients together. Cover the mixture and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes until the flavors combine. Alternately, you can make the dipping sauce in advance and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Be sure to season the dipping sauce with additional lime juice, salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- 3.30 minutes before grilling, cover the bamboo skewers with water and soak. Skip this step if using metal skewers.
- 4.Preheat an oven broiler or gas/charcoal grill. Weave two strips of chicken onto each skewer. Broil or grill the chicken for 5-8 minutes until cooked through, using nonstick cooking spray on a foil-lined pan if you are broiling. Serve immediately (if you broil, you may need to cook in batches) with the dipping sauce.
NotesThese chicken skewers are amazing. Don’t let the chipotle chiles scare you away; they’re really not too hot with this chicken. After the first bite we ALL said yummm!!! The dipping sauce is a must! This is one yummy dish to share with company!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More