- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped roasted or grilled skinless, boneless chicken breasts** (see marinade recipe below)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1/3 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 3/4-ounce) can no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- To prepare dressing, combine first 7 ingredients, stirring well.
- To prepare salad, combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
NotesI had been craving taco salad when I stumbled upon this recipe on the Cooking Light website. I *loved* the dressing! Feel free to change the salad components to your liking. I grilled the chicken breasts (which had been marinated in fajita marinade) the day before to speed up my prep time.
The creamy dressing mellows the heat from the chiles. Add a spoonful of adobo sauce for a spicier salad. Kidney or pinto beans also taste great in this dish. Total time: 34 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More