- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- In the meantime here it goes:
- Chipotles are jalapeño chilies that have been smoked and dried. They are available loose (these need soaking before using) or simmered in a wellseasoned tomato sauce (known as adobo) and packed into small cans.
- 2 pounds largish chicken wings (8 whole wings)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- cup adobo sauce from canned chipotles or chipotle adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed or store-bought orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white or red vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450 F. Lightly oil the rack of a broiler pan or line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and oil the foil.
- Cut the tips off the chicken wings.
- Cut the wings into 2 pieces at the joint.
- 2. Toss the wing pieces with the salt and pepper. Set them on the prepared pan, leaving an inch or so between them.
- Roast until browned and fully cooked, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, stir the chipotle or adobo sauce, orange juice, vinegar, and sugar together in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook until syrupy and reduced by about half.
- Scrape into a medium mixing bowl.
- 4. Toss the cooked wings in the glaze and return them to the rack.
- There will be sauce left in the bowl; set it aside.
- Roast until the glaze starts to darken, about 5 minutes.
- Toss the wings in the bowl again and pile onto a serving plate.
- Let cool about 5 minutes before serving and pass plenty of napkins.
- Enjoy! As soon as I have tried these out I will upload a photo
NotesI was stumbling on the ABC website to see when the Desperate Housewives will return and this is one of the things that I found. I thought I´d share it here and save it here as well, as I need to get a hold of the Chipotles before being able to trying these out, which I really look forward to.
And by the way these cool housewives are returning in April! YAY! :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More