- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- In the meantime here it goes:
- Chipotles are jalapeño chilies that have been smoked and dried. They are available loose (these need soaking before using) or simmered in a wellseasoned tomato sauce (known as adobo) and packed into small cans.
- 2 pounds largish chicken wings (8 whole wings)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- cup adobo sauce from canned chipotles or chipotle adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed or store-bought orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white or red vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450 F. Lightly oil the rack of a broiler pan or line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and oil the foil.
- Cut the tips off the chicken wings.
- Cut the wings into 2 pieces at the joint.
- 2. Toss the wing pieces with the salt and pepper. Set them on the prepared pan, leaving an inch or so between them.
- Roast until browned and fully cooked, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, stir the chipotle or adobo sauce, orange juice, vinegar, and sugar together in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook until syrupy and reduced by about half.
- Scrape into a medium mixing bowl.
- 4. Toss the cooked wings in the glaze and return them to the rack.
- There will be sauce left in the bowl; set it aside.
- Roast until the glaze starts to darken, about 5 minutes.
- Toss the wings in the bowl again and pile onto a serving plate.
- Let cool about 5 minutes before serving and pass plenty of napkins.
- Enjoy! As soon as I have tried these out I will upload a photo
NotesI was stumbling on the ABC website to see when the Desperate Housewives will return and this is one of the things that I found. I thought I´d share it here and save it here as well, as I need to get a hold of the Chipotles before being able to trying these out, which I really look forward to.
And by the way these cool housewives are returning in April! YAY! :)