- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 - 3.5 lbs cut up broiler-fryer chicken, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 bad (1 lb) frozen stir-fry bell peppers and onions, thawed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce (from 7 oz can) chopped (2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice (I'll sometimes add more if there's a lot of liquid left)
- spray 12 inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. Cook chicken in skillet over medium heat 6 - 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides.
- 2. Spray 5 - 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix chicken, stir-fry vegetables, corn, tomatoes, broth and chilies in cooker.
- 3. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 5 - 6 hours.
- 4. Remove chicken from cooker. Stir rice into mixture in cooker; return chicken to cooker. increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 20 - 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 4 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More