- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 - 3.5 lbs cut up broiler-fryer chicken, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 bad (1 lb) frozen stir-fry bell peppers and onions, thawed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce (from 7 oz can) chopped (2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice (I'll sometimes add more if there's a lot of liquid left)
- spray 12 inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. Cook chicken in skillet over medium heat 6 - 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides.
- 2. Spray 5 - 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix chicken, stir-fry vegetables, corn, tomatoes, broth and chilies in cooker.
- 3. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 5 - 6 hours.
- 4. Remove chicken from cooker. Stir rice into mixture in cooker; return chicken to cooker. increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 20 - 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 4 servings.
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Rita's Meals By Design Summer Chefs 2015See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More