- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (1 lime)
- 2 whole canned chipotle peppers, chopped (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Puree chickpeas, with garlic, and lime juice to a finely ground texture. Add half the chipotles, onion, tomato paste, chili powder, and cumin, and blend until smooth. Add olive oil in a thin drizzle while processer is running, blending until mixture is creamy. Season with salt and pepper, add additional chipotle to taste. Transfer to small bowl and garnish with red onion.
NotesThe flavors are not middle eastern, it is more Southwestern and quite spicy... delicious in a small dish eaten with crisp diced cucumber and tomato or to use in a wrap with sauteed vegetables. Broil tomato slices to soften them, add small scoop of this spread, top with jack cheese and broil.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chicken and onion kabobs
Easy Sunday Pot Roast
Shrimp Nachos with Avocado-Corn RelishSee More