- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Brownie Batter:
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cups Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp. Ginger
- 1 Tblsp. Real Vanilla Extract
- 5 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Dried Chipotle Peppers
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocochips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter.
- Transfer into a medium sized mixing bowl and stir in sugar until combined.
- Mix in cocoa, salt, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined. Whisk in eggs and then add water, stirring until smooth.
- Spoon batter into prepared brownie pan.
- Bake 28-35 minutes or until brownies test clean. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- While cooling, you can make the chipotle ganache.
- In a medium saucepan, combine heavy cream and dried chipotle chiles, 1 for mild, and 3 for hot.
- Heat heavy cream and chiles over low heat, (stirring constantly to avoid scorching) until steam whisps from cream and tiny bubbles peak around edges of the pan.
- Once heated, drain milk and add in chocolate chips, stirring until melted.
- Dont worry if it's a bit soupy at first, it will thicken as it cools.
- Once ganache cools to spreadable consistancy, spread over cooled brownies. Cut, serve, and feel the heat!
NotesI made this for a friend who is a pastry chef and is also a "spice fiend". He eats habenero peppers like peanuts, so when I wanted to send him brownies as a thank-you, I decided to play on his love for hot peppers. This recipe is a play on the mexican flavors of a mole, but in a dessert form that is unique and adventerous. Of course anyone can alter it to their desire of heat, and yet still get the flavors of latin cooking.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More