- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (2 ounce) package dried ancho chiles
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion, quartered
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- Soak dry chilies overnight in water, until soft. Remove seeds.
- Add all ingredients except meat in food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Spread mixture over chicken, or other meats and refrigerate at least one hour, up to 24 hours.
- After marinating, heat grill to about 400 degrees F, or if cooking inside, heat small amount of oil in skillet or grill pan over high heat.
- Salt meat to taste (optional), and grill lightly, turning only once, until done.
- 4 minutes per side of chicken.
Notes*This is also great in quesadillas!!
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Home cookingSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More