- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (2 ounce) package dried ancho chiles
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion, quartered
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- Soak dry chilies overnight in water, until soft. Remove seeds.
- Add all ingredients except meat in food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Spread mixture over chicken, or other meats and refrigerate at least one hour, up to 24 hours.
- After marinating, heat grill to about 400 degrees F, or if cooking inside, heat small amount of oil in skillet or grill pan over high heat.
- Salt meat to taste (optional), and grill lightly, turning only once, until done.
- 4 minutes per side of chicken.
Notes*This is also great in quesadillas!!