- 2 scallions
- 2-3 small canned chipotle chiles in adobo, plus
- 1/4 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Finely chop scallions.
2. Wearing protective gloves, mince enough chipotles to a paste to measure 1 1/2 tablespoons.
3. In a bowl whisk together all ingredients with salt to taste.
4. Dip may be kept, covered and chilled, 3 days
This was VERY, VERY good!
They can be bought packed in adobo, a sauce made from ground chiles, herbs, tomatoes, and vinegar. Serve the dip with bell pepper strips, chips, or crackers.
From Gourmet, 1999