- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 scallions
- 2-3 small canned chipotle chiles in adobo, plus
- 1/4 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. Finely chop scallions.
- 2. Wearing protective gloves, mince enough chipotles to a paste to measure 1 1/2 tablespoons.
- 3. In a bowl whisk together all ingredients with salt to taste.
- 4. Dip may be kept, covered and chilled, 3 days
- This was VERY, VERY good!
NotesChipotle chiles -- dried, smoked jalapenos.
They can be bought packed in adobo, a sauce made from ground chiles, herbs, tomatoes, and vinegar. Serve the dip with bell pepper strips, chips, or crackers.
From Gourmet, 1999
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Italy or BustSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More