- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryChipotle chiles -- dried, smoked jalapenos.
They can be bought packed in adobo, a sauce made from ground chiles, herbs, tomatoes, and vinegar. Serve the dip with bell pepper strips, chips, or crackers.
From Gourmet, 1999
- 2 scallions
- 2-3 small canned chipotle chiles in adobo, plus
- 1/4 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. Finely chop scallions.
- 2. Wearing protective gloves, mince enough chipotles to a paste to measure 1 1/2 tablespoons.
- 3. In a bowl whisk together all ingredients with salt to taste.
- 4. Dip may be kept, covered and chilled, 3 days
- This was VERY, VERY good!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Bombshell Approved: Fast, Simple, SatisfyingSee More
S. Katz's Classic Baked German Apple Pancake
Red velvet beat cupcakesSee More