- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 scallions
- 2-3 small canned chipotle chiles in adobo, plus
- 1/4 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. Finely chop scallions.
- 2. Wearing protective gloves, mince enough chipotles to a paste to measure 1 1/2 tablespoons.
- 3. In a bowl whisk together all ingredients with salt to taste.
- 4. Dip may be kept, covered and chilled, 3 days
- This was VERY, VERY good!
NotesChipotle chiles -- dried, smoked jalapenos.
They can be bought packed in adobo, a sauce made from ground chiles, herbs, tomatoes, and vinegar. Serve the dip with bell pepper strips, chips, or crackers.
From Gourmet, 1999
The Naked Macaron
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More