- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tbps olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder (less or more depending on how much heat you want)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breast halves)
- 4 small slices of Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 sets of hamburger buns
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- Iceberg or lettuce of preference
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the olive oil, lime juice, and chipotle chile powder.
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of wax paper. Use a meat pounder to pound the breasts to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch. Cut off excess fat. If you are starting with 2 half-pound chicken breast halves, cut each one in half so that you have 4 pieces (to better fit the buns). Place the chicken breasts in the marinade, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes, preferably an hour.
- Heat your grill on high heat if you are using a gas grill, or prepare coals for direct heat if you are using charcoal. You can also use a cast-iron grill pan on your stove if you do not have a grill. Grill the chicken pieces a couple minutes on each side, until cooked through. Once you have cooked the chicken pieces on one side and flipped them, add a slice of cheese to the chicken. Cover the grill for half a minute to melt the cheese. Toast the buns on the grill as well.
- Assemble the sandwiches - bun bottom, chicken with melted cheese, avocado and lettuce, mayonnaise on the top bun.
- Serves 4.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More