- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryJon is always tweaking his wing sauces. This was a yummy change!
- six chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 TBLS adobo sauce from can
- one head garlic
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- splash of Jim Beam Bourbon
- 4 habaneros (fresh off the bush)
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ***WARNING!! When working with habaneros, be sure to wash hands thoroughly and/or wear rubber gloves before touching eyes or any sensitive body parts!! Also beware of VERY STRONG fumes from saucepan, on the stove or in the sink. They will burn your eyes & lungs!***
- Get your head of garlic and mince it all.
- Saute the garlic in a saucepan with a tablespoon of the butter until it turns brown.
- Deglaze with saucepan with a big splash of Jim Beam, and turn the heat to low. Put in the rest of the butter and let it melt.
- Meanwhile, chop up all the peppers.
- Add the peppers, adobo sauce, honey, Frank's Red Hot Pepper Sauce, mustard and spices, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour over fried chicken wings.