- Cooking Time: 30-40min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 1 hour to 1 day
- 1lb pork loin, sliced into bite-size strips
- 1/2 bottle Chipotle Lime marinade- there are several brands- I actually used the Kroger brand version!
- 2 ears fresh Sweet Corn, cooked and cut from cob
- 1 can Black Beans (again, Kroger's brand of Seasoned Blk Beans- cheap!)
- 1 sm can diced Green Chilis
- 1tblsp minced fresh or jarred Garlic
- couple squirts Lime Juice
- 1/4-1/2tsp Cumin
- 1/4-1/2tsp Coriander
- Salt to taste
- cooked Rice, for serving
- Marinate sliced pork for minimum 1hr, preferable overnight, in 1/4bottle or so of marinade.
- Put rice on to cook, then corn.
- While this is cooking, drain beans and set aside.
- When corn is near done, heat a med-sized cast skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat, and add marinated pork including marinade in bag.
- While meat is browning, cut corn from ears.
- Add corn, beans, chili, garlic, lime and spices to browned meat; add remainder of bottle of marinade.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-15min (while rice finishes cooking), to marry flavors and tenderize meat.
- Serve over rice! Yum!
NotesI had a cookout last weekend, and decided while at the Kroger's buying my supplies that, instead of making BBQ sauce (my original plan), I'd buy a bunch of these bottled marinades they had on sale and we'd have a bunch of DIFFERENT flavored meats! BRILLIANT! Fun was had by all. So what to do w/the rest of the bottle? Here's what I made last night, and it was DEE-lish! Hubby loved it!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Bueno Foods' Green Chile Chicken Stew
Tex Mex Potato LatkesSee More