- Cooking Time: 30-40min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 1 hour to 1 day
- 1lb pork loin, sliced into bite-size strips
- 1/2 bottle Chipotle Lime marinade- there are several brands- I actually used the Kroger brand version!
- 2 ears fresh Sweet Corn, cooked and cut from cob
- 1 can Black Beans (again, Kroger's brand of Seasoned Blk Beans- cheap!)
- 1 sm can diced Green Chilis
- 1tblsp minced fresh or jarred Garlic
- couple squirts Lime Juice
- 1/4-1/2tsp Cumin
- 1/4-1/2tsp Coriander
- Salt to taste
- cooked Rice, for serving
- Marinate sliced pork for minimum 1hr, preferable overnight, in 1/4bottle or so of marinade.
- Put rice on to cook, then corn.
- While this is cooking, drain beans and set aside.
- When corn is near done, heat a med-sized cast skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat, and add marinated pork including marinade in bag.
- While meat is browning, cut corn from ears.
- Add corn, beans, chili, garlic, lime and spices to browned meat; add remainder of bottle of marinade.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-15min (while rice finishes cooking), to marry flavors and tenderize meat.
- Serve over rice! Yum!
NotesI had a cookout last weekend, and decided while at the Kroger's buying my supplies that, instead of making BBQ sauce (my original plan), I'd buy a bunch of these bottled marinades they had on sale and we'd have a bunch of DIFFERENT flavored meats! BRILLIANT! Fun was had by all. So what to do w/the rest of the bottle? Here's what I made last night, and it was DEE-lish! Hubby loved it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Decadent Desserts Made From
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More