CHIPOTLE LIME PORK N BLACK BEANS
Chipotle Lime Pork n Black Beans
- Cooking Time: 30-40min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 1 hour to 1 day
- 1lb pork loin, sliced into bite-size strips
- 1/2 bottle Chipotle Lime marinade- there are several brands- I actually used the Kroger brand version!
- 2 ears fresh Sweet Corn, cooked and cut from cob
- 1 can Black Beans (again, Kroger's brand of Seasoned Blk Beans- cheap!)
- 1 sm can diced Green Chilis
- 1tblsp minced fresh or jarred Garlic
- couple squirts Lime Juice
- 1/4-1/2tsp Cumin
- 1/4-1/2tsp Coriander
- Salt to taste
- cooked Rice, for serving
Marinate sliced pork for minimum 1hr, preferable overnight, in 1/4bottle or so of marinade.
Put rice on to cook, then corn.
While this is cooking, drain beans and set aside.
When corn is near done, heat a med-sized cast skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat, and add marinated pork including marinade in bag.
While meat is browning, cut corn from ears.
Add corn, beans, chili, garlic, lime and spices to browned meat; add remainder of bottle of marinade.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-15min (while rice finishes cooking), to marry flavors and tenderize meat.
Serve over rice! Yum!