- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 4 cups hot cooked elbow macaroni (about 2 cups uncooked)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from can; set aside. Remove 2 chipotle chiles from can; finely chop to measure 1 tablespoon. Reserve remaining chiles and adobo sauce for another use.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chopped chiles, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with flour; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium; add tomatoes. Cook 3 minutes or until thickened. Add reserved 1 teaspoon adobo sauce, pasta, cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, milk, Parmesan, and egg; stir to combine. Spoon pasta mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with breadcrumbs. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
Babette's Test Kitchen
The Social CookbookSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More