- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-3/4 cups (7 oz.) Sargento® ChefStyle Chipotle Cheddar Shredded Cheese, divided
- 1 jar (2 oz.) chopped pimiento, drained or 1/4 cup chopped, drained, bottled roasted red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro or green onion tops
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- Using a sharp, thin knife, cut a parallel slit in the side of each chicken breast, forming a pocket, taking care not to cut through top or bottom of chicken. (Or, ask your meat retailer to do this for you at time of purchase.)
- Combine 1 cup cheese, pimientos and cilantro; stuff into pockets of chicken. Place chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Combine chili powder, cumin and garlic salt; rub mixture over both sides of chicken. Coat chicken lightly with cooking spray or brush with canola oil.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle remaining cheese over chicken. Continue baking 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.