- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper (any color), slivered
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 summer squash, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 2 cobs fresh corn, sliced into 2-inch-long pieces
- 1 cup fresh green beans, ends snipped
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 3 cups (cooked) garbanzo beans
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, or to taste
- Corn tortilla chips (optional for garnish)
- Lime wedges (optional for garnish)
- In a large pot or soup kettle, heat oil and sauté onion, celery and carrots until onions are translucent. Add garlic, tomatoes, bell pepper and spices. Stir and cook about 5 minutes. Add zucchini, squash, corn and green beans. Stir and cook about 2 minutes. Add chipotle peppers and garbanzo beans. Stir to combine and coat all ingredients with spices and chipotles.
- Add vegetable broth, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Add cilantro and lime juice and serve immediately. Garnish individual servings with tortilla chips and/or lime wedges, if desired.
NotesA medley of organic vegetables gives this wholesome stew loads of nutrients and a hearty broth. Chipotle peppers and flavorful Mexican seasonings add spice, while whole green beans and chunks of corn and squash make for a pleasing, colorful presentation.
Per serving (about 17oz/494g-wt.): 270 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 760mg sodium, 43g total carbohydrate (10g dietary fiber, 12g sugar), 9g protein
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Sharing Christmas with Friends
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More