- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk, at room temp
- 4-6 hardboiled egg, shelled and diced
- 4 ounces smoked beef, chopped coarsely (Buddig brand)
- 6 slices toast
- Melt the butter in 1 qt saucepan.
- When bubbling, add flour and whisk to smooth it out.
- Cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and gradually add 1/2 cup milk.
- When all is smooth, add rest of milk and put back over med heat.
- Heat all until mixture starts to thicken.
- Add chopped beef and stir to incorporate. Cook to desired thickness.
- If sauce thickens too much just add more milk.
- To Serve: Place small amount of sauce on dish and top with 2 slices toast.
- Top each slice with some diced hardboiled eggs.
- Next top with more sauce.
- 3-4 servings 25 min 15 min prep
NotesThis is a recipe my father taught my mother. He learned How to make it while in the army - WWII! I watched how they made it and have used it as a comfort food since childhood. This ia NOT a recipe for those who are counting calories, watching their cholesterol, or worried about carbs! CAUTION: do NOT add salt.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Christmas CookiesSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More