Chips Ahoy Streusel Coffee Cake
Why I Love This Recipe
Who can go wrong with Chips Ahoy AND Coffee Cake in one recipe.
Ingredients You'll Need
32 Chips Ahoy! cookies, divided
1 box yellow or white cake mix
1/2 cup sour cream (I used low carb vanilla yogurt and it worked great)
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup coconut
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter, melted
Powdered sugar glaze, optional (I skipped this. Like I said, I don’t like icing much)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coarsely chop 20 cookies; finely crush remaining 12 and set aside.
2. Prepare cake mix according to the package (with water, oil, and eggs); blend in sour cream (yogurt). Stir in chopped cookies. Pour batter into greased and floured 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
3. Mix cookie crumbs, pecans, coconut, brown sugar and cinnamon; stir in the melted butter. Sprinkle over batter.
4. Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
5. Drizzle with powdered sugar glaze. Cut into squares.
*I thought it was weird that the recipe didn’t include directions for the glaze, but maybe the author of the book thought it wasn’t necessary either. hmph. Who knows*