- Cooking Time: approx 45 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. thin skin potatoes, I like Yukon Gold's
- 1 cup Hellmann's Mayo
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion, minced finely
- 1 glove garlic, minced.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp. course cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cover potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat in 3-quart saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Blend butter and garlic, spread into the bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Thinly slice potatoes and arrange in 13 X 9-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Combine Mayo, milk, 6 tablespoons cheese, onions, chives and pepper in medium bowl. Evenly spoon mixture over potatoes. Top with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
NotesMy MoM used to make this with breaded pork chops. This is what I put together after she passed away, it taste's almost like her's but not exactly right. Sadly, I do not have copies of her recipes to keep and or pass down to my girls. Bottom line, MoM's is always best. As a side note, I have also been known to add crispy bacon, chopped into bits with this and or ham. All is good with potatoes.
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More