- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 16oz package of pasta (elbows or whatever shape you like around that size)
- 1/2 C butter
- 1/4 C flour
- 2 C milk
- 1 C sour cream
- 2C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 TBLS snipped chives
- 2 TBLS dry mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook and drain pasta according to directions on package.
- In a sauce pan, combine remaining ingredients, stir frequently until slightly
- thickened and bubbly and all cheese is melted.
- Pour pasta & sauce into casserole dish and toss to coat.
- Garnish with chives.
- Bake at 375 for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Add 1 or 2 cups of chopped ham or sausage for a heartier dish.
- Add 1 or 2 cups of your favorite veggies.
- Top with bread crumbs or crushed potato chips or crushed French fried onion rings before baking.
NotesThis is my mom's mac & cheese recipe. She makes it often for dinner and family parties. It's also great cold!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Get Cookin'See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More