- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 can (15 ounces) dark sweet cherries in syrup
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricots in juice
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish (optional)
- Whirl the cherries, apricots, ice cream and cinnamon in a blender, just until smooth. Add peanuts; blend 5 seconds more. Serve immediately in tall glasses. Garnish with a cinnamon stick, if desired. Another serving option: serve the smoothie as a chilled dessert soup in a small bowl or stemmed glass.
NotesEverybody loves chocolate-chocolate-covered cherries, chocolate-covered peanuts, chocolate ice cream. This luscious smoothie swirls all these flavors together into a smooth, creamy dessert drink. Seemingly decadent, sweet canned fruits offer convenient nutrition – with a simple way to fit more fruit into your day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More