- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryEverybody loves chocolate-chocolate-covered cherries, chocolate-covered peanuts, chocolate ice cream. This luscious smoothie swirls all these flavors together into a smooth, creamy dessert drink. Seemingly decadent, sweet canned fruits offer convenient nutrition – with a simple way to fit more fruit into your day.
- 1 can (15 ounces) dark sweet cherries in syrup
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricots in juice
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish (optional)
- Whirl the cherries, apricots, ice cream and cinnamon in a blender, just until smooth. Add peanuts; blend 5 seconds more. Serve immediately in tall glasses. Garnish with a cinnamon stick, if desired. Another serving option: serve the smoothie as a chilled dessert soup in a small bowl or stemmed glass.
Taste of CenturyLink
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More