- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryEverybody loves chocolate… -chocolate-covered cherries, chocolate-covered peanuts, chocolate ice cream. This luscious smoothie swirls all these flavors together into a smooth, creamy dessert drink. Seemingly decadent, sweet canned fruits offer convenient nutrition – with a simple way to fit more fruit into your day.
- 1 can (15 ounces) dark sweet cherries in syrup
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricots in juice
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish (optional)
- Whirl the cherries, apricots, ice cream and cinnamon in a blender, just until smooth. Add peanuts; blend 5 seconds more. Serve immediately in tall glasses. Garnish with a cinnamon stick, if desired. Another serving option: serve the smoothie as a chilled dessert soup in a small bowl or stemmed glass.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 240; Total fat 4g; Saturated fat 1g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 55mg; Carbohydrate 48g; Fiber 5g; Protein 5g; Vitamin A 40%DV*; Vitamin C 15%DV; Calcium 10%DV; Iron 8%DV
- *Daily Value