- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup regular oats (not instant)
- 1 25-calorie packet diet hot cocoa mix
- 1/2 medium-sized banana; mashed
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda)
- dash salt
- Pour cocoa mix into a glass with cinnamon, sweetener and salt. Add 1/4 cup of hot water, and stir thoroughly. Once cocoa mix has dissolved, add 1/4 cup of cold water and stir . Place mixture in the fridge to chill. (Make sure it is cold, or oatmeal may bubble over when cooking!) When ready, combine with mashed banana and oats in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, and mix well. Microwave dish for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes (depending on how thick you like your oatmeal). Give it a stir, and then allow oatmeal to cool and thicken. Enjoy!
- MAKES 1 SERVING
NotesDon't worry, there are no mini apes in this oatmeal. Just some chocolatey banana b-fast action...