- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Grease a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar over medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, then stir in nuts.
- Immediately pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet and let stand until set.
- Chill or freeze to speed the setting process.
- In microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips at 50 percent power for 1 minute; stir.
- Continue to microwave for 15-second intervals, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour chocolate over cooled toffee; let stand until cooled and set.
- Break into irregular pieces.
- Store in airtight container.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More