CHOCO-TOFFEE DREAM BARS
Choco-Toffee Dream Bars
- Servings: 4 dozen
- 2 Cups all purpose flour (for pastry crust)
- 1/2 cup lightly, packed brown sugar (for pastry crust)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cups soft butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (for topping)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder (for topping)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for topping)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed brown sugar (for filling)
- 1 cup raisins, plumped (to plump raisins-cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes and then drain them)
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, (I used milk chocolate chips)
Spread over baked pastry. Return to oven and bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
Makes 4 dozen bars
*To plump raisins-cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes and then drain them.
I decided to make these bars last weekend. It has been a few years since I have made them. They are a nice bar we enjoyed them. However, if I were to make them again I would only use 3/4 cup of brown sugar in the topping as they were a bit sweet. When looking for the Rhubarb Dessert I found this one, remembering they were good, decided to make them as well. In looking at the file draw I have of recipes, I realized there are a lot of recipes to put up....when you have been cooking for hmmmm to many years to say..one does accumulate a lot of recipes.
No Reviews at this time.
Website Credit: http://canadianbakertoo.blogspot.com/