- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups all purpose flour (for pastry crust)
- 1/2 cup lightly, packed brown sugar (for pastry crust)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cups soft butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (for topping)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder (for topping)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for topping)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed brown sugar (for filling)
- 1 cup raisins, plumped (to plump raisins-cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes and then drain them)
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, (I used milk chocolate chips)
- Spread over baked pastry. Return to oven and bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
- Makes 4 dozen bars
- *To plump raisins-cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes and then drain them.
NotesI decided to make these bars last weekend. It has been a few years since I have made them. They are a nice bar we enjoyed them. However, if I were to make them again I would only use 3/4 cup of brown sugar in the topping as they were a bit sweet. When looking for the Rhubarb Dessert I found this one, remembering they were good, decided to make them as well. In looking at the file draw I have of recipes, I realized there are a lot of recipes to put up....when you have been cooking for hmmmm to many years to say..one does accumulate a lot of recipes.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Best of Eva's Family RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More