- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 2 dozens
- Preparation Time:
- 150 g butter
- 55 g powdered sugar
- 50 g hard boiled egg yolks
- 25 g bitter cocoa
- 50 g ground almonds (or substitute half almonds with ground hazelnuts)
- 100 g AP flour
- 40 g milk
- 1 orange
- 5 g rum
- Boil whole eggs (1 egg yolk is about 20 g, so you'll need 3 eggs) – 8 minutes from the moment the water starts boiling, let them cool and then take the yolks out. Take 50 g and press them through a fine mash strainer.
- Work the butter, the egg yolks, the sugar and the finely grated orange zest without whipping it (I used the wooden spoon, not the electric mixer) until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the milk and the rum and continue stirring.
- In a separate bowl sift the flour and the cocoa together, mix them with the ground almonds (I used both almonds and hazelnuts, previously toasted in the oven for 7 minutes at 180°C).
- Mix the dry ingredients with the butter and egg mixture and work shortly, just enough to absorb the dry ingredients and bring everything together.
- Wrap the dough in a piece of baking paper and let it chill for about 1 hour in the fridge, until it's firm again.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 5 mm thick and cut the cookies with a round flower shaped cookie cutter (it was supposed to be 2 cm, but I only have a 5 cm wide one), and then make a whole in the middle with a small, 1/2 cm, round cutter.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet (greased or lined with baking paper) and bake for 15 minutes at 180°C.
- Let them cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
NotesSo delicious, crumbly, and tasty. A perfect chocolate (cocoa)-orange-rum combination.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More