- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used black cocoa)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk, well shaken
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons cappuccino chips
- Preheat oven to 375̊ F. Butter and flour a standard 12- cup muffin tin, spray it with nonstick cooking spray or line each cup with a paper or foil liner.
- Combine the butter and chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in a microwave safe bowl. Heat until butter and chocolate are melted and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine the flour, the sugar, the cocoa, the baking powder, the baking soda and the salt. Whisk to blend. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the buttermilk, the egg and the vanilla. Mix until well blended. Pour the liquid ingredients and the chocolate mixture over the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in the cappuccino chips. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until a tester, inserted into the center of the muffins, come out clean, about 18 - 22 minutes. Transfer the pan, with muffins, to a rack and cool for 10 minutes. Remove muffins to rack and cool completely.
- Here I have combined two of my favorite flavors — chocolate and cappuccino. Actually, you can substitute any flavor of chips.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean paste
Lamb Loin Chops with Mushroom Marsala SauceSee More