- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 1-1/4 cups brown sugar
- * 1/2 cup butter, softened
- * 1/2 cup solid shortening
- * 1/3 cup peanut butter
- * 1 tsp. vanilla
- * 1 egg
- * 2-1/4 cups flour
- * 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- * 1/2 cup peanut butter
- * 1-1/2 cups Special K cereal (crisp rice flakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients except for chocolate chips, peanut butter, and cereal in large bowl and mix until dough forms. Press into ungreased 15x10" jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until just set.
- While bars are cooling, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in a medium saucepan, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in cereal. Spread this mixture carefully over slightly cooled bars. Cool completely before serving.
NotesThis classic cookie - chocolate and peanut butter combination with a bit of crunch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Delightful DessertsSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More