- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 1-1/4 cups brown sugar
- * 1/2 cup butter, softened
- * 1/2 cup solid shortening
- * 1/3 cup peanut butter
- * 1 tsp. vanilla
- * 1 egg
- * 2-1/4 cups flour
- * 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- * 1/2 cup peanut butter
- * 1-1/2 cups Special K cereal (crisp rice flakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients except for chocolate chips, peanut butter, and cereal in large bowl and mix until dough forms. Press into ungreased 15x10" jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until just set.
- While bars are cooling, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in a medium saucepan, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in cereal. Spread this mixture carefully over slightly cooled bars. Cool completely before serving.
NotesThis classic cookie - chocolate and peanut butter combination with a bit of crunch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More