- Cooking Time: 6-8
- Servings: 84
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups plus 3 tbsp sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/2 cups sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, 1 tsp cinnamon, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture; stir until a soft dough forms.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 3 tbsp sugar and 1-3/4 tsp cinnamon. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar mixture. Place balls 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Store in an air-tight container. Yield: approximately 7 dozen cookies.
NotesThis recipe is from my friend, Carol. She brought them to the cookie exchange last year.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
The Naked Macaron
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More