- Cooking Time: 6-8
- Servings: 84
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe is from my friend, Carol. She brought them to the cookie exchange last year.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups plus 3 tbsp sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/2 cups sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, 1 tsp cinnamon, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture; stir until a soft dough forms.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 3 tbsp sugar and 1-3/4 tsp cinnamon. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar mixture. Place balls 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Store in an air-tight container. Yield: approximately 7 dozen cookies.