- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C Rolled Oats
- 2 C (1 12 oz package) semisweet choc chips
- 1 C unsalted butter softened to room temp
- 1 C firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa, preferably Hershey's Premium European-Style
- 2 Large Eggs slightly beaten
- 1 T milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 9 oz (3 3 oz bars) white chocolate like Lindt Swiss White Confectionery Bar
- 1 1/2 T solid vegetable shortening like Crisco
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter 2 cookie sheets.
- Do not alter the order in shich the ingredients are combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats and chocolate chips (I didn't do this as I don't know why I'd dirty an extra bowl for no reason).
- In another large bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until creamy.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa, then add to the butter mixture, stirring until thoroughly combined. The batter will be very stiff.
- Stir the milk and vanilla into the eggs, then stir this mixture into the butter mixture until thoroughly combined. Add the chips and oats; stir until well mixed.
- Using a two-tablespoon scoop, drop batter 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes, until cooked through.
- Cool on pan 1 minute; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Optional (they're good like already):
- Melt the white chocolate with the solid vegetable shortening in the top of a double boiler over simmering water.
- Holding a cooled cookie between your thumb and forefinger dip the edge into the warm white chocolate to cover the top third of the cookie. Place on a rack over wax paper to dry completely.
- Store between layers of wax paper in an air-tight container in a cool place.
- Makes 5 dozen (I only made 4! Maybe my 2 TB estimate was a bit big!)
NotesThis recipe is from a Diane Mott Davidson murder mystery!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More