- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 5
- -200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- -200g butter
- -250g sugar
- -5 eggs
- -1 tbs flour
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius.
- Prepare a pie dish by lining the bottom and sides with Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in the microwave with the butter (about 1 min on full strength or until melted).
- Stir the sugar into the butter/chocolate mixture.
- Let it cool for a bit.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and stir well.
- Finally stir in the tablespoon of flour.
- The batter should be smooth and shiny.
- Pour into pie dish and bake for 25 minutes, the cake should still "wiggle" a little.
- Serve at room temperature with a dollop og creme fraiche or french vanilla ice cream.
NotesThis is the ultimate chocoholics' dream cake:) My aunt once gave me this recipe as "healing medicine" after a heartbreak. It's been a hit in my home ever since, heartbreak or not;) It works well for the holidays (Thanksgiving, Valentine's days, etc...) and freezes well. I've even adapted the recipe to be gluten-free for my neighbor by substituting the flour with rice or corn flour. Hope you enjoy:)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Get Cookin'See More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More