- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Puff Pastry:
- 5⅓ tbsp butter
- 1 cup water
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 cup flour, all purpose
- 4 lg eggs (+5th?)
- Eclair Filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 3 cups milk
- 1 lg instant vanilla pudding (6 serv.)
- 1 bowl Cool Whip
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 450° (turned down to 350° after 10 min)
- Bring to a simmer the water, sugar and butter in saucepan (mod-high heat), then reduce heat to medium adding flour all at once. Stir rapidly with wooden spoon until dough pulls away from bottom / sides of pan. (glossy and smooth, but still damp). Continue to stir for about 5 minutes (to evaporate more moisture, so dough can absorb more fat from the eggs). A thin coating will form on bottom / sides of the pan, and steam will rise with a nutty aroma of cooked flour.
- Immediately transfer to a mixer bowl and mix a few seconds to release some of the heat. Mix in 4 eggs one at a time on medium, until each is completely incorporated. Check the dough by putting some on a rubber spatula and letting it fall off. It should fall very slowly. (If it falls off in one clump, it is too dry, so beat in the 5th egg.)
- Spread the batter evenly over bottom of a 9 " x 13" glass pan coated with non-stick spray. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes, then turn down to 350° (rotate the pan) and bake for 15 minutes longer. Check to make sure it is hollow inside and not gooey or eggy; if it is too moist, bake for 5 minutes longer and recheck.
- Let cool completely in glass pan.
- Beat 8 ounces of room temp. Cream Cheese until smooth, then beat in the milk gradually a little at a time. Add box (4 serving) instant vanilla pudding & pie filling, and mix well. Pour into Cooled Puff Pastry Crust. Spread one containter of Cool Whip (or whipped cream) over top and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with Pecans. (optional: drizzle melted chocolate chips over top before adding pecans) then refrigerate an hour or until filling is "set". Serve cold.
NotesJust as good, but easier and more efficient than making individual eclairs for a party.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Cooking for a Cure
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce