- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour (10 oz)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch not recommended)
- 2 sticks (8 oz) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 10 oz bag Andes mint chips
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add cocoa to dry mixture.
- In mixing bowl, cream the butter with both sugars.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- By hand or using low speed of mixer, stir in the flour mixture.
- Fold in the chips and nuts.
- Drop mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet then transfer to rack to finish cooling.
- 3 Dozen
NotesA runner-up in a Southern Living cookie contest
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More