- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time:
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs (1 is for brushing over the tops, don't forget and put them all in the batter like I did once, it won't turn out right.)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup toasted coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger(I use this one: http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/Crystallized--Candied-Ginger/37807/)
- 6 oz. chocolate, chopped (for drizzling, you can choose what you like-white, dark, milk)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat.
- Sift first 5 ingredient together.
- Add 3 eggs and vanilla, mixing until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips, nuts and ginger.
- Divide dough in half and press each into 12 inch long logs, flattening to 2 1/2 inches wide and spacing 3 inches apart.
- Whisk remaining egg in small bowl.
- Brush over tops of logs, sprinkle with some coarse sugar if you want...I think it looks nice.
- Bake 35 minutes until firm to touch.
- Cool on sheet 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 325.
- Transfer logs to cutting board and slice in 1/2 inch pieces.
- Return to baking sheets, cut side down and bake 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Cool on racks.
- Now you can drizzle melted chocolate.
NotesA biscotti without butter. I prefer the texture of this one. Crispy without breaking your teeth.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More