- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time:
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs (1 is for brushing over the tops, don't forget and put them all in the batter like I did once, it won't turn out right.)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup toasted coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger(I use this one: http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/Crystallized--Candied-Ginger/37807/)
- 6 oz. chocolate, chopped (for drizzling, you can choose what you like-white, dark, milk)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat.
- Sift first 5 ingredient together.
- Add 3 eggs and vanilla, mixing until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips, nuts and ginger.
- Divide dough in half and press each into 12 inch long logs, flattening to 2 1/2 inches wide and spacing 3 inches apart.
- Whisk remaining egg in small bowl.
- Brush over tops of logs, sprinkle with some coarse sugar if you want...I think it looks nice.
- Bake 35 minutes until firm to touch.
- Cool on sheet 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 325.
- Transfer logs to cutting board and slice in 1/2 inch pieces.
- Return to baking sheets, cut side down and bake 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Cool on racks.
- Now you can drizzle melted chocolate.
NotesA biscotti without butter. I prefer the texture of this one. Crispy without breaking your teeth.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More