CHOCOLATE & CHILI COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 10
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Ground chili peppers (not chili powder)
- to taste (2 tablespoon for mild, 3 for med, 4 for hot)
- 3 cups chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 cup pine nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375
Mix butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat until smooth and light.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and powdered peppers.
Gradually and the dry ingredients into the batter. Beat until just combined and smooth.
Fold by hand until combined.
Scoop cookies into 2 inch balls and place on a buttered cookie sheet.
Bake on the lower rack of the oven until lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
Remove from the pan while hot.