- Cooking Time: 45 to 55
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup (110 grams) blanched whole almonds, toasted and chopped coarsely
- 2/3 cup (135 grams) granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups (245 grams) all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces (110 grams) semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped in 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Toast almonds for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant. Let cool and then chop coarsely. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper. Set aside.
- In bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the sugar and eggs on high speed until thick, pale, and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- When you slowly raise the beaters the batter will fall back into the bowl in slow ribbons.
- At this point beat in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to the egg mixture and beat until combined.
- Fold in the chopped almonds and chocolate.
- Transfer the dough to your parchment lined baking sheet and form into a log, about 12 inches (30 cm) long and 3 1/2 inches (9 cm) wide.
- You may have to dampen your hands to form the log as the dough is quite sticky.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer log to a cutting board and, using a serrated knife, cut log into slices 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick on the diagonal.
- Place the biscotti, cut side down, on the baking sheet.
- Bake 10 - 15 minutes, turn slices over, and bake another 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Makes about 16 biscotti.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More