- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 pound dark or milk chocolate confectionery coating
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir in almonds; microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Add the butter and vanilla; microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Stir in baking soda.
- As soon as the mixture foams, quickly pour onto a greased metal baking sheet.
- Cool completely.
- Break into 2-in. pieces.
- Melt chocolate coating in a double boiler or microwave.
- Dip one side of brittle in chocolate and place on waxed paper to harden.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: about 1 pound.
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Rita's Meals By Design Summer Chefs 2015
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More