CHOCOLATE ALMOND BROWN RICE PUDDING
Chocolate Almond Brown Rice Pudding
- Cooking Time: 35 to 45 minutes
- 1 cup short or medium grain brown rice
- pinch of salt
- 1 2/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pkg. ( 946 ml) almond milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate (85% cocoa solids) chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced or slivered almonds
In saucepan, combine rice, salt and 1 2/3 cups water to a boil; immediately reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.
While the rice is simmering whisk together cocoa, cinnamon and some of the almond milk until smooth; whisk in remaining almond milk.
Stir this into the rice; increase heat and bring to simmer. Stir in sugar; simmer, stirring often, until rice is completely soft and pudding is thick and creamy, 35 to 45 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted and well mixed.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Sprinkle with almonds.
Makes 8 servings