- Cooking Time: 100
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 30
- 3 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, almonds, 1/4 cup sugar and melted butter. Mix well. Press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 10 inch springform pan.
- In the top of a double boiler, heat chocolate, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Fold in the almond extract and sour cream. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the filling into a smaller bowl. Stir the melted chocolate into the smaller bowl, then fold loosely back into plain filling. Pour into crust. With the tip of a knife, swirl the filling to create a marbled effect.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Turn off oven and let cake cool in oven for 1 hour, with the door closed. Cool at room temperature, then refrigerate overnight.
NotesAlmond flavored cheesecake with bittersweet chocolate swirled through for a marbled effect.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More