- Cooking Time: 20 to 24
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ¼ C flour
- ¼ C cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chunks
- ¼ C dried cherries
- 1 ¼ C raw unsalted almonds
- 4 large whole eggs
- 1 egg white beaten
- 1 ½-granulated sugar (plus more for sanding)
- Preheat oven to 350° Line a baking sheet with parchment or silpat.
- Roughly cut chocolate 1 oz pieces into 4’s and 6’s.
- In food processor pulse almonds and chopped chocolate until marble size.
- Sift and add flour, cocoa baking soda, salt along with dried cherries until the almonds and chocolate chunks are the size of peas.
- In mixer with whisk beat whole eggs and granulated sugar until the mixture holds a ribbon like trail on the surface for a few seconds when you raise the whisk.
- Switch to the paddle attachment.
- With mixer on low speed add the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and dvide into two or three equal parts. Shape each piece into an 18” log. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Gently press logs to flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Brush egg white over the logs and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake until logs are just firm to the touch, 20 – 24 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack to cool about 20 minutes.
- Use a serrated knife and cut ¾” slices on the diagonal.
- Replace silpat/parchment paper with a wire rack. Arrange the slices, cut sides down, on the rack (I didn’t do this, I just left them on their sides on the silpat)
- Bake until biscotti are firm to the touch and dry, 10 – 12 minutes (mine weren’t completely bone dry, maybe that’s why you liked their texture better)
- Remove from the oven and cool on the pan.
- Keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
GAES PTO Recipes
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Frying Pan Cookies
Angel Food Cupcakes With Raspberry Swirl
Home-Style Asian BurgerSee More