- Cooking Time: 20 to 24
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ¼ C flour
- ¼ C cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chunks
- ¼ C dried cherries
- 1 ¼ C raw unsalted almonds
- 4 large whole eggs
- 1 egg white beaten
- 1 ½-granulated sugar (plus more for sanding)
- Preheat oven to 350° Line a baking sheet with parchment or silpat.
- Roughly cut chocolate 1 oz pieces into 4’s and 6’s.
- In food processor pulse almonds and chopped chocolate until marble size.
- Sift and add flour, cocoa baking soda, salt along with dried cherries until the almonds and chocolate chunks are the size of peas.
- In mixer with whisk beat whole eggs and granulated sugar until the mixture holds a ribbon like trail on the surface for a few seconds when you raise the whisk.
- Switch to the paddle attachment.
- With mixer on low speed add the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and dvide into two or three equal parts. Shape each piece into an 18” log. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Gently press logs to flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Brush egg white over the logs and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake until logs are just firm to the touch, 20 – 24 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack to cool about 20 minutes.
- Use a serrated knife and cut ¾” slices on the diagonal.
- Replace silpat/parchment paper with a wire rack. Arrange the slices, cut sides down, on the rack (I didn’t do this, I just left them on their sides on the silpat)
- Bake until biscotti are firm to the touch and dry, 10 – 12 minutes (mine weren’t completely bone dry, maybe that’s why you liked their texture better)
- Remove from the oven and cool on the pan.
- Keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Recipes for Vitality
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More