- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 eggs
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup butter or margarine (butter is definitely better)
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 cup sliced almonds (Note: Sliced almonds work best. If you don't have sliced almonds make sure you crush the almonds into very small pieces. You can also substitute other nuts for almonds - walnuts and hazelnuts also work great.)
- 4 ounces (4 squares) unsweetened baking chocolate
- Beat eggs and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl sift flour and baking powder together.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together. Use either a double boiler or use the absolutely lowest setting to very, very slowly melt this mixture.
- Add vanilla, almonds, and cooled butter/chocolate mix to egg mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add flour to the the chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Makes about 30 large pizzelles.
- NOTE: After making the dough, cover and refrigerate for about an hour then start making your pizzelles. This seems to give the pizzelles a little richer taste.
NotesThese are so different from the usual pizzelles from Italy. Usually they are vanilla or anise flavoured.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More