- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 eggs
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup butter or margarine (butter is definitely better)
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 cup sliced almonds (Note: Sliced almonds work best. If you don't have sliced almonds make sure you crush the almonds into very small pieces. You can also substitute other nuts for almonds - walnuts and hazelnuts also work great.)
- 4 ounces (4 squares) unsweetened baking chocolate
- Beat eggs and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl sift flour and baking powder together.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together. Use either a double boiler or use the absolutely lowest setting to very, very slowly melt this mixture.
- Add vanilla, almonds, and cooled butter/chocolate mix to egg mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add flour to the the chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Makes about 30 large pizzelles.
- NOTE: After making the dough, cover and refrigerate for about an hour then start making your pizzelles. This seems to give the pizzelles a little richer taste.
NotesThese are so different from the usual pizzelles from Italy. Usually they are vanilla or anise flavoured.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Sailstad Family CookbookSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More