- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (1 to 1 1/3 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup crushed amaretti cookies
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons freeze-dried instant coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine flour and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Cut in shortening with pastry cutter or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add water; mix until dough forms a ball.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface into a 14-inch circle. Line a 9-inch pie pan with dough; crimp edges and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almonds, sugar, crushed cookies, cocoa, milk, butter, eggs, coffee, almond extract, baking powder and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Mix well; pour into pie shall.
- 3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until set. Cool. Serve with whipped cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More